Monday, October 24, 2011

Newsletter

Hey everyone!

Just thought I would let you know that I finally got out my first newsletter.  If you haven't received it and you would like to, it is probably because I don't have your email.  (Or at least your correct one)  So feel free to email me at kyle.thorson1@gmail.com and I will get you added to the newsletter list.

In other news, this week is going to be super busy.  There is a conference at the Christus Rex in Grand Forks, ND starting Wednesday and goes through Friday.  Author Sara Miles will be there and I just know it is going to be awesome.  I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to enjoy it with them.  I'm sure they will keep me updated with pictures... hint hint!  :)

I also have almost a whole weeks worth of events with La Red.  Starting on Friday, we will be resetting the alter in the zocalo for Day of the Dead.  This is a holiday that remembers family members who have died and celebrates their life.  It especially will bear significance for La Red, since it is the first one since the death of Juan Sicilia.  The altar will be created in memory of all the people who have been killed in the drug war.

Events will be continuing after Friday everyday up until November 1st.  On the first, there will be a march from a well known statue in Cuernavaca --Paloma de la Paz-- to the zocalo.  There will also be an event in which people can bring their own candles, photos, and stories to offer at the altar in the zocalo.  This will no doubt be powerful. 

I will make sure to get some pictures and more information on this upcoming weekend on my blog.  So look for that update after the first.  I think it will be an amazing event. 

Blessings for now!  And let me know if you would like to receive the newsletters!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment