Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hola

I am still alive!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently.  I have been feeling a little under the weather these past few days and haven't done much besides class and sleep.  Not really the best way to end my trip.

Anyway, I am leaving Xela tomorrow after classes.  I get to take a bumpy 4 hour bus ride again --which I'm sure will be great for my stomach-- and head back to Guatemala city.  My flight leaves there at 7:53am on Saturday and I will return to Minot at 7pm or so.  Assuming that Delta is running on time. And also assuming Minot hasn't turned into a big lake by the time I get there.

I am so grateful for having been able to come and experience Guatemala.  It has been something very different than expected and very welcome.  My head is filled to the brim with Español, and while I am not perfect, I have certainly improved.  My teacher was so perfect for me.  She wrote me a letter that I can keep forever.  Of course it was written primarily in the subjunctive for my learning experience, but it was kind just the same.

I shared the song Laika by Mecano with my Spanish teacher and she loved it.  She knew some songs by that band, but had not heard this particular one.  It always reminds me of Mrs. Pritchard, my high school Spanish teacher.  I think it is always fun to share a bit of your past.  :)

I shall miss this place, the friends I have made, the constant rain --okay maybe not-- and my host family who has been so wonderful to me.  But I am also quite ready to return to my own bed and see all of my friends waiting for me at home.  I miss each of you dearly!

I will see you soon.

Wish me luck on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment